Saturday 13 September 2014

Paradise Santorini

Santorini, Greece

Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 12.34.05 AM

Wow! Wow! Wow! It has been almost a year since I update my blog. Anyone miss reading my blog? Anyway, I don’t think so except myself. I guess I am losing myself bits by bits, getting a little lazy to travel and writing crap/memories on my blog. Gonna try my best to find back my passion for travel and photography.

How to get to Santorini from Singapore? 

I took Singapore Airlines from Singapore to Istanbul, Turkey. From Istanbul, I took Aegean Airlines to Athens and then to Santorini. However, you can now take the twice weekly flight from Singapore Airlines to Athens directly between June and October 2014. I was really anxious to travel to Santorini and I had a long break from work and this was why I decided to pay more to travel.

Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 12.44.27 AM

Why did I choose Santorini?

Stunning photos right! I have always wanted to travel to Santorini. It is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I really have to say this is one of my best holidays ever. On top of that, this is the first time I took an airplane out of Singapore and explored a foreign place entirely alone. It is not that dangerous as I thought it might be. It is a great experience and I have always wanted to do it badly. So glad that I have the guts to do it! YOLO MAN!
 
Some of the places that I have visited

1. Fira 

Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 12.07.38 AM

2. Oia

Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 12.36.34 AM

3. Amoudi Bay

Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 12.24.11 AM

4. Volcano Island

Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 12.28.14 AM

5. Kamari Beach

Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 12.16.27 AM

6. Ancient Thira

Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 1.01.20 AM

Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 12.49.00 AM

These are some of the dishes I have in Santorini. Seafood like fresh sea bream and fried calamari are MUST-TRY! I really enjoyed my life in Santorini. Who says traveling alone is boring? I have so much fun. I wake up everyday late, eat what I want and go where I want. I plan my trips very impromptu and I believe this should be the way how you should enjoy traveling. I used to plan my holiday itinerary and follow it rigidly which really stresses me out. So now, I will just google the must-go places but the best and easy way is just ask the locals especially your friendly concierge!

DSCF7553


Ending my blog entry with the sunset photo I took in Fira. Miss the days I get to watch the sun set everyday while enjoying my dinner with a glass of wine. Till then…






No comments:

Post a Comment