Friday 7 November 2014

Halloween in Australia

Have you ever really, really wanted to experience something? I’ve always craved an exciting, experience-filled life. As a young girl, there were certain milestones that I wanted to reach. I remember just longing to get my period when I was barely a teenager, which I must admit was influenced by my repeated readings of Judy Blume’s Just As Long As We’re Together. There were other things on that list: falling in love, visiting Paris, having my own apartment. In my life so far, I’ve ticked more than a few things off that little-girl-wish-list. And yet, one thing remains: Halloween.

I’ve never been to a Halloween party before. I’ve also never been trick-or-treating. I don’t think I’ve even worn a costume on October 31st. That’s because in Australia, we don’t really celebrate Halloween.

When you really want something, your desires find you and seep into your subconscious.

 

View original

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment